How to create a Containers namespace
This page shows you how to create your first Serverless Containers namespace. Namespaces allow you to group your containers and share environment variables between them.
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
Click Containers in the Serverless section of the side menu. The list of your containers displays.
Click Create a namespace. The containers namespace creation wizard displays.
Complete the following steps in the wizard:
- Enter a name and optionally a description for your namespace. The name must only contain alphanumeric characters.
- Choose a region, which is the geographical location in which your namespace will be deployed.
- Enter any environment variables required for your namespace. Environment variables configured in a namespace will be available in all containers/apps within the same namespace. For each environment variable, click +Add and enter the key / value pair.
- Set secret environment variables (optional). Secrets are environment variables which are injected into your container and stored securely, but not displayed in the console after initial validation. Add a key and a value.
- Verify the estimated cost.
- Click Create a namespace to finish.
Your namespace is now created and you are taken to its Containers tab.