How to configure IPv6 on a Dedibox
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway Console
- You have created and uploaded your SSH key“
- You have performed the linking process between Dedibox and Scaleway
- You have created and installed a Dedibox server, and transferred your SSH key to the server during installation
- You have activated an IPv6 block
The Internet Protocol Version 6 is the most recent version of the IP protocol used for IP addresses. The Dedibox network is wholly IPv6 compatible in all Availability Zones. IPv6 can be used as the main IP of a server, and also for failover IPs by using the principle of virtual MAC.
Each Dedibox customer account comes with a /48 IPv6 block that can be divided into:
- as many /56 as you have servers.
- as many /64 as you have failover IPs.
You can assign these blocks to your Dedibox servers by using DHCPv6 and the DUID assigned to each of these blocks. To find more information about IPv6 on Dedibox, refer to our dedicated documentation.