How to clone a Database Instance
The clone feature allows you to create a new Database Instance from an existing one. The clone includes all existing databases, users, and permissions. You can create a clone on a Database Instance larger than your current one.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
The clone is fully independent of the parent Database Instance.
- Click Document Databases under Managed Databases on the side menu. A list of your Database Instances displays.
- Click the database name or «See more Icon» > More info to access the Database Instance information page.
- Scroll down to the Clone section.
- Click Clone Database Instance. A pop-up displays.
- Enter a name for your database or leave the default name suggested by the Scaleway console.
- Select a node type. You can keep the same node type, or upgrade to a bigger one.
- Click Clone Database Instance.
The source Database Instance remains available during the cloning process in Backing up mode. Some actions are not available during this time.
The time it takes to clone a Database Instance depends on the size of the database.