How to upgrade a Document Database Instance
You can upgrade your Database Instance in two ways: by increasing its Block Storage volume or by changing the node type.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- Scroll down to Volume settings in the overview page of your selected Database Instance.
- Click Increase volume size. A pop-up appears.
- Specify your volume capacity (in GB). The amount you define will be your new volume capacity.
- You can increase your Block Storage volume to up to 10 TB.
- Block volume sizes cannot be decreased.
- Click Increase volume size to confirm.
- Click Document Databases under Managed Databases on the side menu. A list of your Database Instances displays.
- Click the name of the Database Instance that you want to upgrade.
- Scroll down to the Node Settings section in the Database Information page. Then, click Change node type.
- Choose the specifications of the new Database Instance from the dropdown list.
- Click Update node type to confirm your choices.
Make sure that the Database Instance you choose provides sufficient disk space for your database. Otherwise, an error message will be displayed, and the database will not be upgraded.
The action of changing the node type will perform a rolling upgrade of your Database Instance. During this process, the Database Instance will be unavailable for several tens of seconds.