How to enable bucket versioning
Once enabled, the versioning feature supports the retrieval of objects that are deleted or overwritten. It is a way to keep multiple variants of an object in the same bucket.
If the feature is enabled, you can list archived versions of an object or permanently delete an archived version. Once versioning is enabled, you cannot return to an un-versioned state of your bucket.
If you enable versioning, you will have several object versions. Keep in mind that each version of an object stored in your bucket takes up disk space and is billed.
- Click Object Storage in the Storage section of the side menu. A list of your buckets displays.
- Click the name of your selected bucket.
- Click the Bucket Settings tab.
- Scroll down and click Enable versioning under Bucket Versioning.
A pop-up appears to disclaim the following message:
Be careful! Enabling bucket versioning allows you to store several objects on a single key (every versioned object is billed). The activation is currently permanent and you will not be able to cancel it.
- Click Enable versioning on this bucket if you agree and wish to proceed.
After confirmation, it is not possible to revert the action.