Optimize your storage infrastructure
Adapt performance, security, and cost to each of your usages with cloud storage solutions.
- Reduce your storage infrastructure costs by 40%
"Replacing CapEx-based storage infrastructure with Storage-as-a-Service consumption models can reduce storage infrastructure costs by 40%."
Beyond the financial opportunity, this evolution is becoming a prerequisite as the number of shipped bytes grows exponentially, with a "twenty-three times growth [expected] through 2030", reshaping data centers and IT operations.
Three steps to tap into these opportunities
Analyse your costs
Analyse your current infrastructure's costs to determine which existing storage asset is worth cutting down on.
Identify your usage(s)
Each storage product corresponds to a specific usage. If you want to build an efficient storage infrastructure, you need to clearly understand what you need and why.
Choose the right partner
There are many providers on the market who can help you build your storage infrastructure in the cloud. But they do not all offer the same support, geographical coverage, or guarantees.
There is a solution for every use case
If you need compute power to build, test and launch an application, you can launch Instances, such as PLAY2, which require a minimum of Block Storage provisioning. The advantage of this type of storage is its persistence. When you turn off or delete one of your Instances, the block volume attached to it stays on and keeps the Instance's data. Thanks to this feature the volume will quickly transfer all stored data to the next Instance you turn on, making your building, testing or launching phase quicker.
👉 Discover more about Block Storage
Scale big data and data lakes
Object Storage allows the storage and centralization of a vast amount of data in its native format. Thanks to its unlimited volume and high scalability, Object Storage is the go-to option to build a data lake and perform big data analysis at scale.
👉 Discover more about Object storage
Scale reliable transaction processing
If your e-commerce company manages OLTP protocols (Online Transaction Processing), you need to deploy and scale your PostgreSQL databases seasonally. To do this efficiently, we recommend you use a highly available storage solution. Provisioning Block Storage volumes attached to your databases with enough IOPS guarantees data redundancy (with a triple replication on multiple nodes) and integrity.
👉 Discover more about Block Storage
Archive infrequently accessed data
If you work at a SaaS company, a significant part of your day-to-day tasks may include collecting ever-growing amounts of valuable data from your customers. However, not all data needs to be accessed regularly. Scaleway Glacier allows you to archive or backup data after a chosen period of time at a lower price than any other “hot storage”solution.
👉 Discover more about Scaleway Glacier
Choose the storage that fits your needs
👌 Perfectly made for
Stores large amounts of unstructured data and allows you to distribute it instantly.
- Standard S3 compatible - Multi-AZ resiliency (Paris) - Tags and versioning - Object lock - Lifecycle rules
- SaaS & web applications - Data lakes & big data analysis - Media diffusion and streaming - File transfer
A cold storage class of Object Storage, used for long-term archiving, at a lower price.
- Lifecycle rules from hot storage - Erasure coding 6+3 - Stored in our "data bunker" - In our Paris and Amsterdam Regions
- Backups - Archiving
A flexible and reliable storage solution for demanding workloads.
- SSD - Triple replication - Vertical scaling up to 10TB - Additional volume up to 16 disks - Snapshots - Automated backups
-Business-critical applications scaling - Business continuity - High-performance databases - Rapid autoscaling of K8s nodes
An ephemeral storage solution benefiting from very low latency to process your data.
- NVMe - Up to 600GB depending on the type of Instances - Power-off mode - Snapshots
- Caches - Hot caches - Scratch processing - Media rendering - Data analytics
How Scaleway helps you refine your storage infrastructure
High level of optimisation
- Choose between a wide range of storage products, with various capacities and workload requirements tailored to all your use cases.
- Benefit from business-critical vendor options such as backup, disaster recovery, etc.
European-only data sovereignty
- Scaleway is a cloud provider that stores all its data in Europe, which means it is not subject to any extraterritorial legislation,
- and fully compliant with the principles of the GDPR.
- Easily control your expenses with a predictable, usage-based pricing model (per GB/hour),
- Save up to hundreds of thousands of euros by optimizing your storage asset costs to actual usage levels and thus minimise idle capacity.
Redundancy for more security
- Scaleway's storage products include multi-AZ or multi-nodes data replications to protect your data and guarantee availability, even in case of a disk failure.
Food for thoughts
The right storage fit for your infrastructure
How can startups, companies and individuals make sure their cloud storage usage is optimized and that every cent invested in storage is worth it?
Understanding the different type of Storage
You'd like some clarification about the difference between Block, Object and File Storage?
Managed Database: how to choose the right type of storage?
Storage is a key component of any managed database, but it can become a real burden if it doesn't meet your needs of data accessibility, scaling, and resilience. Discover how to avoid this.