Scaleway releases the details of its offering based on Nabuchodonosor – its dedicated AI supercomputer, built on NVIDIA DGX H100 infrastructure.
Paris, October 5th, 2023 - Following the iliad Group's announcement on September 26 that it was investing €200 million in AI, Scaleway, a subsidiary of the iliad Group, is today detailing the offering it has designed based on its its dedicated AI supercomputer, Nabuchodonosor 2023 AI Supercomputer, a new system built on NVIDIA DGX H100 infrastructure.
Borrowing its name from the exceptional character of champagne, the Nabuchodonosor - "Nabu" for short - is an NVIDIA DGX SuperPOD AI supercomputer. Available now, it embodies the excellence and innovation that artificial intelligence brings to society. Nabu features 127 NVIDIA DGX H100 systems containing 1,016 NVIDIA H100 Tensor Core GPUs, as well as NVIDIA NVLink technology, the NVIDIA Quantum-2 InfiniBand networking platform, and NVIDIA AI Enterprise software for secure, stable, and supported production AI.
With the general availability of AI Supercomputers, including Nabu’s, Scaleway is enabling European businesses to innovate through artificial intelligence. Also launching today is Jeroboam, a smaller yet potent variant of the AI supercomputer equipped with 16 NVIDIA H100 GPUs.
Nabu & Jero join Scaleway’s complete range of artificial intelligence offerings, which include:
- AI Supercomputer: Flagship Nabuchodonosor AI supercomputer with NVIDIA DGX H100 systems. These feature NVIDIA AI Enterprise software, the operating system of the NVIDIA AI platform.
- GPU Instances: NVIDIA H100 PCIe GPU instances ideal for emerging startups seeking robust computing power.
- Storage Solutions: Resilient data storage options tailored for AI workloads.
- SLURM and Kubernetes: Scalable, efficient, and flexible SLURM and K8S solutions for AI orchestration and management.
Complete Cloud Ecosystem: Cutting-edge hardware and software come together to support every facet of AI projects.
Eco-Responsibility Embedded in Scaleway’s DNA
The AI supercomputer is located in iliad Goup’s Paris-based data center, DC5, one of Europe’s most energy-efficient datacenters. It consumes 30-40% less electricity than traditional data centers and uses 9 to 10 times less water thanks to its adiabatic cooling processes, coupled with outside air cooling.
Leading the European AI Revolution
Scaleway remains steadfast in its commitment to AI, with a clear mission to become Europe’s premier enabler for AI companies. Its unique offering includes:
- Complete Cloud Portfolio: Providing a comprehensive cloud portfolio, empowering customers to not only train their models but also develop and host their applications.
- AI Products for All Companies: Scaleway offerings cater to AI actors of all maturity levels, featuring NVIDIA H100 PCIe GPU instances, the fastest AI supercomputing capabilities with Nabuchonodosor, and an ecosystem of AI solutions powered by products from our strategic partners.
- European Sovereignty: Dedication to European tech sovereignty, ensuring control, autonomy, and protection of sensitive data.
- Eco-Responsible AI: Hosting the supercomputer in one of Europe’s most energy-efficient data center to minimize the carbon footprint of AI products.
November 17th: Europe’s Premier AI Conference by Scaleway
To reinforce the thriving European AI ecosystem, Scaleway is proudly hosting Europe’s foremost AI conference. This one-day technical event is scheduled for November 17, 2023, and will be held at Station F, the world’s largest startup campus situated in Paris. This conference is poised to become a pivotal moment within the AI community, as it will shine a spotlight on cutting-edge innovations and research in the field of AI. Attendees can expect to gain insights into the latest advancements in large language models, machine learning, and computer vision.
For further information, please visit the website.
Damien Lucas, CEO of Scaleway: “Through our collaboration with NVIDIA, we will enable European companies to significantly accelerate their AI innovations in competition with international players. Our aim is to become the leading partner in Europe for all AI companies.”
Charlie Boyle, vice president of the DGX platform at NVIDIA: “Enterprises worldwide are seeking powerful, efficient computing for advanced AI training and data science workloads. Scaleway’s NVIDIA DGX SuperPOD, powered by NVIDIA DGX H100 systems with NVIDIA AI Enterprise software, provides customers with world-leading AI supercomputing to help advance their most innovative AI initiatives.”
Here’s Nabu 2023, presented by our Chief Product Officer, Adrienne Jan:
Founded in 1999, Scaleway is a European Cloud Provider that supports the development, training, deployment, and scaling of infrastructures in a complete Cloud portfolio.
Allowing European organizations to host their services in a resilient environment with access to more than +50 cloud services. We have 25,000+ customers worldwide, leveraging 9 data centers across 3 regions to power their digital businesses.
Scaleway supports European businesses looking to keep their data secure and local for over 20 years. With fully managed services from Dedicated servers, Bare Metal, Computing, Containers, and Serverless, we provide flexibility in Cloud infrastructures. For more information, visit www.scaleway.com.
Press contact: email@example.com