Account - Quickstart
Scaleway is a complete cloud ecosystem, offering a single way for you to create, deploy and scale your infrastructure in the cloud. Creating your Scaleway account gives you access to the Scaleway console and Scaleway API, and you can deploy our products and services with ease.
- Open the Scaleway website in a web browser.
- Click Sign Up in the upper right corner of the page. You are redirected to the sign-up page:
- Select an account type (Personal or Corporate) and fill out your first and last name, as well as your email address.
If you are a startup, you can create a corporate account and check Yes under Are you a startup?. This allows you to benefit from offers dedicated to startups.
- Check the box and solve the reCaptcha. Then, click Create an account. A message displays to request that you check your email inbox for the verification email.
- Click the verification link in your mailbox to confirm your email address and agree to our terms of service. You are redirected to the Scaleway console. A welcome message displays.
- Click Add information to add your billing information and payment method. This will give you access to the Scaleway resources.
Once you have validated your payment method, you can start ordering resources like Instances, Kubernetes Kapsule, Object Storage and more. Find out more about how to add resources to your Projects.
Every account has an associated Organization, which in turn has an Owner. If you created your account (and never joined another Organization), you are the Owner of the Organization associated with your account. You can therefore use the Deactivate Organization button to permanently delete your account and all of its services and backups.
There is a delay of up to 10 days between the time your Organization is closed, and the time resources are effectively deleted. It is recommended to delete all your resources before you close your Organization. A deactivated Organization can be reactivated upon your request.
- Click Organization at the top-right of the console, then click Organization. The Organization Account page displays.
- Click Deactivate Organization which displays at the bottom of the page, once you have read and agreed with the warning message.
- Type Deactivate to confirm your decision.
- Select the reasons why you are deactivating your Organization.
- Click Deactivate Organization to deactivate your Organization.