HomeConsoleMy ProjectHow to
Create a project
How to create a Scaleway Project
Reviewed on 16 February 2023 • Published on 10 June 2021
If you have a Scaleway account, and subsequently an Organization, you will also automatically have a default Project, that contains all your existing resources. You can also create additional Projects, allowing you to group your resources.
Security & Identity (IAM):
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
The default Project takes on the Organization ID. Therefore, the default status cannot be transferred to other Projects, nor can the default Project’s name be altered.
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- From the Organization Dashboard which displays when you log into the console, click the Projects tab. A list of your Projects displays.
- Click + Create Project on the righthand side and a pop-up appears.
- Enter the Project Name and Description in the corresponding boxes.
- Click Create new Project and the new Project is added to the list.