HomeServerlessMessaging and QueuingHow to
Create a Messaging and Queuing namespace
Jump toUpdate content
How to create a Messaging and Queuing namespace
Published on 11 August 2022
This page shows how to create a Messaging and Queuing namespace. Two types of namespaces are available: NATS and SQS/SNS. The type of namespace that you choose determines the messaging system used to distribute and queue your messages.
Security & Identity (IAM):
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
How to create a namespace
Click Messaging in the Serverless section of the side menu. The Messaging and Queuing namespace creation page displays.
Click Create namespace. The namespace creation wizard displays.
Complete the following steps in the wizard:
- Choose a region, which is the geographical region in which your namespace will be created.
- Choose a namespace type. The namespace type determines the message system used to distribute and queue your messages. Currently, two types are available:
- NATS: Choose this namespace type if you want to use the NATS messaging system. When you later create credentials, they will be scoped at the namespace level and give full access to all streams related to the namespace.
- SQS/SNS: Choose this namespace type if you want to use the SQS and/or SNS messaging systems. When you later create credentials, they will be scoped at the namespace level and you can select the required level of access (read/write/manage) for each set of credentials.
- Choose a name for your namespace, or use the randomly-generated name suggested.
Click Create namespace to finish.
Your namespace is created. You are taken to the list of all your namespaces, where your newly-created namespace now appears.