How to add a domain name as an alias
On our web hosting offers, you can link an additional domain name as an alias to your website. For example, you have the domain name
mydomainname.com, and you want that the same website is visible at both domain names.
- You have an account and are logged into the Dedibox Console
- You have created a Webhosting Classic
- From your Dedibox console, click Hosting. A list of your webhosting accounts displays.
- Click Manage next to the hosting you want to configure. The webhosting overview page displays.
- Click Add Domain in the Additionnal domain names section of the overview page.
- Enter the domain name that you want to add to your hosting in the search bar and click Search. The search result displays.
If your domain name is not registered yet, you can order it. If it is already registered and with another registrar, you can transfer it to Scaleway.
- Click the Order button to continue. The list of hosting offers displays.
- Select Hosting alias from the list of offers. Select the hosting you want to link the domain name to from the drop-down list. Then click Order. An order summary displays.
- Select your preferred payment method from the drop-down list and tick the checkboxes to agree to the terms of service, the specific terms for shared hosting. Then click Confirm my command to validate your order. The payment form for your order displays.
- Complete your payment and validate your order.
The domain name is now linked as an alias to your existing webhosting.