Jump toUpdate content
How to create a MySQL database
- You have an account and are logged into the Dedibox Console
- You have created a Webhosting Classic
From your Dedibox console, click Hosting. A list of your webhosting accounts displays.
Click Manage next to the hosting you want to configure. The webhosting overview page displays.
Click MySQL databases in the side menu. The list of your databases displays.
Click Add database. A pop-up displays.
Enter the database name, the database password and its confirmation. Then click Create MySQL database.Tip:
For a strong password, combine lowercase, uppercase, numbers and special characters.
Your database is created and displays in the list of your MySQL databases.
Databases are not hosted in the local storage of webhosting offers.
However, to ensure the best performance of the SQL servers, we have defined limits for the sizes of the databases:
- Maximum size of a table: 1 GB for all offers
- Maximum number of tables in a database: 2 000 for all offers
- Number of simultaneous requests: 3 requests for the PERSONAL offer, 50 requests for the PRO offer, 75 requests for the BUSINESS offer
Databases that exceed these quotas are automatically blocked. You will not be able to add additional data or update them. Only the options to view and delete data remain active.
If you reach these limits and are unable to use your database, you can connect to the MySQL shell in the administration interface to check the size of your databases and manage your data to reduce usage.