How to install a Dedibox
Only users who have completed the linking of their the Dedibox account to the Scaleway console are granted access to the Dedibox section within the Scaleway console. For detailed information on the migration process, please refer to our account linking documentation. If you cannot locate the Dedibox link in Scaleway's console side menu, you can use the Dedibox console to place orders, manage your Dediboxes, and access the related documentation.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
After the delivery of your server, you can start installing it.
Click Dedibox in the Bare Metal section of the side menu.
Choose the Dedibox server you want to install from the list.
Click Install to launch the OS installation wizard.
Select the type and version of the operating system you want to install.Tip:
For more information about OS types, refer to the dedicated servers concepts page.
Personalize the following partitioning parameters:
- the file system (ext4, ext3, ext2, xfs, reiserfs, nfts, swap)
- the mount point of the partition
- the partition size
- the software raid (RAID 0/1/5)
When you start a CentOS installation with custom partitioning, you need to keep about 5 GB of unallocated disk space to prevent the automatic installation system from crashing.
Configure the system parameters. You can edit parameters such as the name of the server, and add a username, password and SSH key.Note:
- To connect to your server via SSH, it is recommended that you create and upload your SSH key at this stage so that it can be transferred to your server during installation.
- Existing SSH keys from your current Dedibox console are not transferred to the Scaleway console. Upload these keys into your Scaleway console to use them with your Dedibox servers.
Tick the checkbox to confirm that your server can be shut down in case of abuse. Then click Reinstall Dedibox server.
The installation of your Dedibox server may take up to 20 minutes. Once completed, your server will reboot on its hard disk.
Depending on the OS, the installation can take several minutes to complete. Some operating systems may require additional reboots for completion. We recommend waiting 45 to 60 minutes before you connect to your server.