How to add a custom domain to a container
Each container comes with an automatically generated domain on which it is available. However it is possible to use your own domain name to address your containers to facilitate their use.
- Add a CNAME pointing to your container default URL in your DNS Record (for example Scaleway’s domains).
- All domains are supported.
- CNAME flattening is supported. CNAME flattening speeds up CNAME resolution and allows you to use a CNAME record at your root/apex domain.
- If your DNS provider does not support CNAME flattening, you need to create an ALIAS on your root domain (named
@or with an empty name) instead of a CNAME.
- Click the Endpoints tab on your containers’ page.
- Click on + Add a New Endpoint.
- Enter your custom URL and validate the form.
- Connect to your container using your custom domain once you have checked the CNAME and TLS fields.
Be careful, for now Custom Domains does not support websockets. If you need to use websockets you must configure them with the original URL.