Jump toUpdate content
How to use the Protected Instance feature
Published on 26 May 2021
The Protected Instance feature is used to prevent any
halt action from being performed on your Instance. This only applies to running Instances. Enabling the Protected Instance feature means that you will not be able to delete, power off or reboot your Instance, nor put it into standby mode. This feature is useful to avoid hazardous manipulations, such as batch deletion of Instances.
Security & Identity (IAM):
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- You have created an Instance
How to activate the Protected Instance feature
- Click Instances in the Compute section of the side menu. The Instances page displays.
- Click the Instance you want to protect. The Overview page for that Instance displays.
- Click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Protected Instance section, and use the «Toogle Icon» toggle to activate the Protected Instance feature.
A pop-up displays asking you to confirm the action. 4. Click Enable Protected Instance.