How to create a Kubernetes Kapsule cluster
Scaleway Elements Kubernetes Kapsule provides a managed environment for you to create, configure and run a cluster of preconfigured machines for containerized applications. You will be able to create Kubernetes clusters without the complexity of managing the infrastructure.
The service offers full flexibility such as:
- Scaling the number of pods depending on the workload.
- Managing your cluster easily via the Kubectl
To administrate your Kubernetes Cluster easily, Scaleway provides a
.kubeconfig file that allows you to manage your cluster from your local computer by using
kubectl. Kubectl is the command line interface for running commands against Kubernetes clusters.
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway Console
Click Kubernetes in the Compute section of the Scaleway Console side menu. The Kubernetes Kapsule dashboard displays.
Click Create a cluster. The first page of the cluster creation wizard displays. This concerns the configuration of your cluster.
Complete the following steps of the wizard:
Choose a Cluster Type. This can be Kubernetes Kapsule or Kubernetes Kosmos.
- Kubernetes Kapsule allows you to create clusters exclusively of Scaleway Instances, and includes features such as node auto-healing and pool auto-scaling.
- Kubernetes Kosmos allows you to attach an Instance or dedicated server from any Cloud provider to a Scaleway Kubernetes control plane.
This document concerns the creation and management of a Kubernetes Kapsule cluster. To create a Kubernetes Kosmos Cluster, refer to the alternative documentation
The geographical region of the cluster.
The Kubernetes version for the cluster
The name for the cluster and optionally a description
If required, configure advanced options, including the container network interface, the ingress controller and cluster tags, which can help you to organize your cluster. Keep the default settings if you don’t know what these values mean
Click Next. The second page of the cluster creation wizard displays.
This page concerns the settings for your pool. Enter the following information:
- The availability zone in which all your pool’s nodes will be created
- The node type you require
- The configuration for your node options, including the number of nodes and whether to enable autoscale. You can also choose whether to enable autoheal and whether to link the cluster to a placement group. Alternatively, you can leave these options at default values
Click Create a cluster
Your cluster is deployed
Once your cluster is created, it appears in the Clusters List.