How to close an account
You can close your account using two methods:
- by deactivating your Organization, which allows you to reactivate it at a later date
- by permanently deleting your account and personal data.
Deactivating an Organization will permanently delete your Organization’s servers, resources, services and backups. It will also deactivate the account. However, you can choose to reactivate your account at a later date, eliminating the need to recreate an account from scratch.
There is a delay of up to 10 days between the time your Organization is closed and the time your resources are effectively deleted. We recommend you to manually delete all your resources before you close your Organization.
- Open the Organization drop-down menu at the top-right corner of the Scaleway console, and click the name of the Organization.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Deactivate Organization section.
- Click the Deactivate Organization button once you have read and agreed with the warning message.
- Type Deactivate, then click Continue Deactivation to confirm your decision.
- Select the reasons why you are deactivating your Organization.
- Click Deactivate Organization. A message appears to confirm the deactivation has been scheduled.
When you deactivate your Organization, you can request that it be reactivated at any time.
Open a support ticket to request reactivation.
Using this option will permanently delete your account. You will not be able to reactivate your Organization at a later date, and your personal data will be permanently deleted.
Once you make this request, you will no longer be able to access your account or invoices. The request will take at least 72 hours to be processed. You must make sure all your bills are paid, and that you have not used any resources since the begining of the current calendar month.
- Open the Organization drop-down menu at the top-right corner of the Scaleway console, and click Privacy. The My Privacy tab of your User Account dashboard displays.
- Scroll down to the Erase your Account and Personal Data panel.
- Select the reason you are requesting the deletion of your account and personal data. You can use the text box to provide more information.
- Check the box marked I certify that I have the necessary rights to make this request.
- Click Send request.