How to manage your billing information
Before you can order Scaleway resources, you must add your billing information to your account.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- Click Billing in the Organization drop-down menu of your Scaleway console.
- Scroll down to Payment Methods.
You can choose between two payment methods: credit card or SEPA mandate.
Enter the details of your credit or debit card and your billing address.
Click Add Billing Information to confirm. A 3D Secure validation is initiated. Depending on your bank you may be asked to enter a code received by SMS or via an application on your smartphone.
Enter the code and validate the form.Note:
- When you register a new credit card, an authorization charge is debited from your account. An Authorization Charge is a dummy transaction made to check the validity of the card.
- The authorization charge is of €1 and will carry a 4-digit validation code, displayed on your bank account statement. This validation code will be used to verify your credit card for your Scaleway account. You will be refunded for the €1 within 48 to 72 hours.
Click Verify. A pop-up appears.
Enter the 4-digit validation code displayed on your bank account statement.Note:
Bank account statements have different displays depending on the bank, but the validation code can always be found in the description of your transactions. The image below provides an example of how the validation code might display in your bank statement:
You have up to 10 days to enter your validation code in the console.
This method requires a successful KYC verification.
- Click SEPA Direct Debit under Payment Methods,.
- Click +Add a SEPA Mandate. A pop-up appears.
- Enter the required information.
- Click Add your payment method to confirm.
If you have registered both a credit card and a SEPA mandate, you can choose the default payment method you wish to use for your Scaleway account.
- Click Billing in the Organization drop-down menu to go to the Billing Overview page.
- Scroll down to find Payment Methods.
- Select the payment method you wish to use as default.
Click Edit in the Billing information area. A pop-up displays.
Enter your new postal address in the and click Confirm changes to validate.
Your new billing address is now used for your invoices.
It is not possible to edit your country and region information directly from this form. Contact the support team if you need to modify this information.