I cannot log into my account
If you encounter issues when connecting to your Scaleway account, there are a couple procedures you can follow to make sure you can log in securely.
When logging into your Scaleway account, you may encounter the following message:
This means you tried to log into your account from an unknown IP address. You may be logging in from a new device or location. As a security measure, we require you to use a magic link to complete authentication.
- Check your inbox for the latest email sent by the Scaleway team.
- Click the link provided in the email. It should be a button titled Authenticate myself.
You are redirected to the Scaleway console and safely logged into your Scaleway account.
If you forgot or lost your password, you need to reset it. There are several methods to recover it:
- Passwordless authentication using a Magic Link
- Password reset using email validation
- Password recovery in case of lost email account
Refer to the How to use two-factor authentication (2FA) page to find the instructions to recover access to your 2FA device.
Remember that if you lose both your 2FA device and backup codes, you will need to gather all the following information:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Two different documents proving your identity (passport or local ID card for individual accounts + certificate of incorporation for companies)
- A contact phone number
- A copy of your last Scaleway invoice, or details about the amount charged if you do not have a copy
- A card or bank statement showing your Scaleway invoice debit
Once you have collected all this information, send it to