Jump toUpdate content
How to recover a lost password
If you forget or lose the password to your Scaleway account, several methods exist to regain access.
- You have a Scaleway Elements account
The Magic Link allows you to access your account without a password, using two-factor authentication.
Click Send a Magic Link in the Login page of the Scaleway console.
A secret link is sent to your e-mail. You can access your account by clicking on the link.
If you forget or lose your password, you can request to reset it.
Go to the lost password page of the console:
Enter your e-mail address and click Reset my password. A password reset link is sent to your e-mail address.
Click the link in the e-mail address to reset your password.
Enter your new password and click Reset password to set the new password for your account. You are redirected to the Login page.
Log in to the console by using your e-mail address and the newly set password.
If you lose access to your e-mail account, it will not be possible to reset the password directly from the Scaleway console.
In case you can no longer access your email account, you must send us a request to update your contact information with the following pieces of identification:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Two different documents proving your identity (passport or local ID card for individual accounts + incorporation certificated for companies)
- A phone number to contact you
- Copy of your last Scaleway Dedibox invoice or the amount charged if you do not have a copy
- Card statement showing the Online by Scaleway bill debit
Once you have gathered all the required documents, the request has to be sent by email to: email@example.com
We will update the email address on receipt of the application, subject to validation.
Once your email address has been updated, you can use the lost password form to receive the recovery codes for your account.
Besides the usual guidelines you should follow to create a complex password (must contain UPPERCASE and lowercase letters, symbols (
&, …) and numbers), some basic rules exist to keep your password - and your account - safe:
- Never give your password to anyone. Especially not via mail, IRC, Slack, Whatsapp, or any messaging system. Scaleway employees will never ask you for your password.
- Use two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of security.
- Do not write down your password.
- Always log out from your account at the end of each session, or if you are away from your computer.