How to create a namespace
Scaleway Container Registry is a fully-managed mutualised container registry, designed to facilitate the storage, management and deployment of container images. The service simplifies the development-to-production workflow, as there is no need to operate your own Container Registry or to worry about the underlying infrastructure.
Within your Container Registry, namespaces allow you to manage your registry in a clear, simple and human-readable way. A namespace is a collection of container images, each bearing the unique identifier of that namespace. To start using your Container Registry, you first need to create a namespace.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
Click Container Registry in the Containers section of the Scaleway Console side menu. If you do not have a Registry already created, the product creation page is displayed:
Click Create namespace to launch the namespace creation wizard.
Enter the following required information for your namespace:
- The Name for the namespace
- A Description of the namespace
- The geographical Region of the namespace
- The namespace’s Privacy Policies
A namespace can either be public or private. Anyone will be able to pull container images from a public namespace. Privacy policies may be set at image level.
Click Create namespace to create the namespace.