HomeContainersContainer RegistryHow to
How to push images to your namespace
Published on 25 February 2019
After configuring Docker on your local machine, you can use it to pull images from their library and push them to your Container Registry. This page shows you how to pull, tag, and push a first image to your Scaleway Container Registry namespace, using an Ubuntu image as an example.
Security & Identity (IAM):
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- You have created a namespace
- You have installed Docker on your local computer
- You are logged into your namespace
- Open a terminal window on your local computer.
- Pull the latest release of the Ubuntu docker image:
docker pull ubuntu:latest
- Tag the image:
docker tag ubuntu:latest rg.fr-par.scw.cloud/mynamespace/ubuntu:latest
- Push the image to your Container Registry namespace using docker:
docker push rg.fr-par.scw.cloud/mynamespace/ubuntu:latest
mynamespace in the examples above with the name of your namespace.