Jump toUpdate content
Container Registry - Quickstart
Scaleway Container Registry is a fully-managed mutualised container registry, designed to facilitate the storage, management and deployment of container images. The service simplifies the development-to-production workflow, as there is no need to operate your own Container Registry or to worry about the underlying infrastructure. You can create your Container Registry namespace, connect it to the Docker CLI, then use Docker to push and pull images to and from your registry. When you no longer need an image, you can delete it from your Container Registry.
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
Click Container Registry in the Containers section of the Scaleway Console side menu. If you do not have a Registry already created, the product creation page is displayed.
Click Create a namespace to launch the namespace creation wizard.
Enter the following required information for your namespace:
- The Name for the namespace
- A Description of the namespace
- The geographical Region of the namespace
- The namespace’s Privacy Policies
A namespace can either be public or private. Anyone will be able to pull container images from a public namespace. Privacy policies may be set at image level.
Click Create a namespace to create the namespace.
Click Container Registry in the Containers section of the Scaleway Console side menu. The Container Registry namespaces dashboard displays.
Click «See more Icon», then Push Instructions next to the namespace you want to push to. A pop-up displays.
Copy the push instructions. Then click OK to close the pop-up.
Open a terminal window on your local computer. Then log into the namespace by running the following command from the terminal:
docker login rg.fr-par.scw.cloud/mynamespace -u nologin -p [SCW_SECRET_KEY]Important:
[SCW_SECRET_KEY]with your API Secret Key and
mynamespacewith the name of your namespace.
Once logged in, a confirmation is displayed:
You are now logged in and ready to push and pull images to and from your Container Registry with Docker.
We use an Ubuntu image as an example here.
- Open a terminal window on your local computer.
- Pull the latest release of the Ubuntu docker image:
docker pull ubuntu:latest
- Tag the image:
docker tag ubuntu:latest rg.fr-par.scw.cloud/mynamespace/ubuntu:latest
- Push the image to your Container Registry namespace using docker:
docker push rg.fr-par.scw.cloud/mynamespace/ubuntu:latest
mynamespace in the examples above with the name of your namespace.
- Click Container Registry in the Containers section of the side menu. A list of your namespaces displays.
- Click the namespace you want to pull an image from.
- Click «See more Icon», then Pull Instructions next to the image you want to pull. A pop-up displays.
- Copy the command line instructions to pull the image with Docker. Then click OK to close the pop-up.
- Open a terminal window and paste the instructions into it to pull the image.
The current configuration allows you up to 20 pulls/min per image.