How to disable multifactor authentication
You can disable the multifactor authentication of your account if you want to register a new authentication device.
For security reasons, it is not recommended to disable multifactor authentication permanently.
- Click your username next to logged in as: in the top right corner of the console. Then click Security in the pop-up menu.
- The security page displays. Click Disable multifactor authenticaton:
- Enter a security token generated by your multifactor authentication application and click Confirm.
Multifactor authentication is disabled now, and you can log in with your identifier and password only.
If you have lost both your MFA App and backup codes, regaining access to your account will be hard. You will need to go through a manual identity verification process.
The only way to regain access to your account is to contact our support team with the following information:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Two different documents proving your identity (passport or local ID card for individual accounts + certificate of incorporation for companies)
- A phone number to contact you on
- A copy of your last Online bill, or details about the amount charged if you do not have a copy
- A card statement showing the Scaleway bill debit
Once you have collected all this information, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.