How to create an FTP account
This documentation describes the usage of a previous web hosting offer, proposed by Online.net.
Refer to the Scaleway Web Hosting documentation for information about the current web hosting product.
File Transfer Protcol is a standard way to transfer files between a client (such as your local computer) and a server (such as your Scaleway webhosting server) via the internet. In order to use FTP, you must first create an account.
- You have an account and are logged into the Dedibox console
- You have created a Webhosting Classic
Click Hosting, then Manage.
Click the FTP accounts tab.
A form displays.
Fill in the form to create your FTP account, entering the following values:
- a username (eg
- a password of your choice
- a path, which has to be an existing directory on your FTP. Enter
/to create an account with access to the whole directory, or a specific path to limit access to certain directories.
- a username (eg
Validate your entries.Note:
Your FTP account appears in the account list with the status Waiting to create. Your account will be activated in approximately one hour.
When you connect to your FTP account, the following folders display:
awffull(contains your old access statistics, if they were activated)
www(should contain your website)
logs(contains your old access statistics, if they were activated)
UPLOADER_VOTRE_SITE_DANS_LE_REPERTOIRE_WWW(this directory serves simply as a reminder as to where to upload your website files)
- Keep in mind that your website is located in the folder
/wwwon the FTP server.
- Upload all your website’s content into this folder.
To limit access to an FTP account, create the folder you want to access (example:
client) in the folder
www (the one containing your website). Then follow these steps:
- Log into the Dedibox console
- Click Hosting, then click Manage.
- Click the FTP accounts tab.
- Enter /www/client/ in the Directory field of your new account.
Ensure that you follow the syntax
/www/directory/in order for your account to work.