How to validate WAPS information
WAPS, or Whois Accuracy Program Specification, is a system introduced by the ICANN to validate the contact information of a domain name. ICANN requires that all registrars validate the identity and the continuity of the information entered in the contact of a domain name in order to have up-to-date information about the owners.
Domain owners are responsible for the use of their domain.
- You have an account and are logged into the Dedibox Console
- You have a domain registered with Scaleway
- Scaleway validates the information by sending an email to the owner’s email address:
You received this message because you are the current owner of
As part of a mandatory process that is required by ICANN,
we need to verify if your e-mail address is still being used as a domain name holder once a year and for each modification
of your e-mail validity use as a domain name holder.
WARNING: Without a response from your end within 15 days, the verification fails and your domain names may get suspended.
fail and you risk the suspension of domain names.
You have 15 days to confirm your e-mail address
by simply clicking the following link.
We remind you the information when opening your account:
Your e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Your telephone : +33.xxxxxxxxxx
This procedure is about the following domain names:
If you have questions about this process you can contact our
helpdesk team at https://console.online.net/en/assistance/commercial
but do not reply to this message. Messages received to this
address are not read and therefore receive no answer
- Click on the link in the email within 15 days to confirm that your email address is valid.
If you do not carry out this validation, you will not be able to renew your domain name. You may end up with a renewed hosting package, and no domain name. Since the domain is not renewed and no longer responds correctly on the Internet, the site will not be available.
If you are expecting a validation email (e.g. if you have modified your domain owner’s contact information) but cannot find the email, try the following steps:
- Check your SPAM folder
- Check and update (if neccessary) the email address of your domain name contact from the console
- Open a ticket or contact the support team directly. They will be able to check to which address the validation email has been sent and whether it has been validated or not.