How to configure a failover IP on Windows Server 2019
Reviewed on 10 July 2023 • Published on 29 July 2021
This page shows you how to configure a failover IP on Dedibox servers running on Windows Server 2019.
- Log into your Dedibox using the Remote Desktop client.
- Open the start menu and type Ethernet settings. The Ethernet window displays.
- Click Change adapter options. The network connections window displays.
- Right-click on the Internet connection. Then click Properties in the pop-up menu.
- Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) in the list of connection items and click Properties.
- Enter the static configuration of the principal IP address of the server. Then click Advanced. The advanced configuration window displays.
- Click Add. Then enter the configuration details for the failover IP. Finally, click Add.
- Click OK to close the advanced configuration window. Then click OK to validate the IP configuration and to close the Ethernet configuration windows.