How to order a failover IP
Failover IP addresses allow to have several IPs on the server and thus, for example, to have one IP for each website or for each virtual machine. Your IP failover can be routed to your servers at any time in just a few minutes by using our Account Management Console or through our API. By switching your failover IP addresses from one server to another, the hosted services remain available without reconfiguring the IP address.
For each server, you can add failover IP address(es) according to the offer and your service level.
- Click Server in your Dedibox console to display a list of your dedicated servers. Then click on the server you want to configure.
- On the server’s status page click Failover in the menu on the left.
- The list of your existing failover IPs displays. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Order IP addresses.
- Select either an IP block or individual IP address and click Command failover IP block or Command failover IP for individual IPs.
- Confirm the order by clicking Order.
Failover IPs and failover IP blocks are paid options. They come with a monthly service charge and a one-time setup fee.
The failover IP is available in your account now and you can assign it to your dedibox server.