How to configure your hardware RAID from the console
A hardware RAID is a type of RAID implementation where construction and management of the RAID is performed on dedicated hardware, independently from the operating system.
The logical disks of the RAID array are managed by a physical controller, sitting on the PCI bus, which presents only the logical volumes to the operating system. The RAID controller manages the RAID using its own CPU and RAM, without delegating tasks to the main CPU of the machine.
- Log in to the Scaleway Dedibox console.
- Click on Server > Server list to display a list of available servers in the account.
- Select the server to install and click Manage.
- Click RAID configuration in the menu.
- Choose the RAID level for the server from the drop-down list and confirm by clicking ERASE ALL MY DATA AND PROCEED TO RAID LEVEL CHANGES.
This will delete all the data in the server’s disks. Make sure you have backed up your data before changing the RAID level of the machine.
- Proceed with the reinstallation of the operating system from the console.