Jump toUpdate content
How to use the KVM Dell iDRAC 6
This page shows you how to use KVM on a Dedibox with DELL iDRAC 6.
- Click Server > Server List in your Dedibox console. The list of your dedicated servers displays.
- Click the name of the server you want to access. The server’s status page displays.
- Click iDRAC in the menu on the right. A pop-up displays.
- Accept the terms for iDRAC access by clicking I Accept.
- Enter the authorized IPv4 address for the iDRAC connection. The IP address of your Internet connection is already pre-filled in the form. Then click Create to generate your credentials.
Currently only IPv4 addresses are accepted.
The connection URL and your credentials display. Click on the link to access the iDRAC interface.
Open the connection URL of your iDRAC in your web browser, then log in using the credentials displayed during access creation.
Click Console/Media the top menu.
Click Launch Virtual Console.
Download and execute the Java web start file. The virtual console window displays.Note:
You Java security settings should be set to Low to execute the Java applet.
Click Virtual Media > Launch virtual media in the virtual console window. A pop-up window displays.
Click Add Image… and select the ISO file containing your operating system. Keep the window open.
Go back to the virtual console window and click Power > Reboot to restart the machine.
During the booth process press F11 to access the BIOS boot manager.
Select Virtual CD to boot the server using the ISO file mounted in the virtual CD drive.Note:
The boot process may take a while, depending on your Internet connection’s available upstream bandwidth.