Jump toUpdate content
How to use the KVM DELL iDRAC 9
This page shows you how to use KVM on a Dedibox with DELL iDRAC 9.
- Click Server > Server List in your Dedibox console. The list of your dedicated servers displays.
- Click the name of the server you want to access. The server’s status page displays.
- Click iDRAC in the menu on the right. A pop-up displays.
- Accept the terms for iDRAC access by clicking I Accept.
- Enter the authorized IPv4 address for the iDRAC connection. The IP address of your Internet connection is already pre-filled in the form. Then click Create to generate your credentials.
Currently only IPv4 addresses are accepted.
The connection URL and your credentials display. Click on the link to access the iDRAC interface.
Open the connection URL of your iDRAC in your web browser, then log in using the credentials displayed during access creation.
Click Configuration in the top menu, then Virtual Console. The virtual console page displays. Click Launch Virtual Console.
Click Connect Virtual Media in the virtual console window. The virtual media configuration displays.
Click Choose file (A) in the Map CD/DVD section and select your ISO file. Then click Map Device. Once the device is mapped, click Close.
Click Console Controls, choose the Ctrl-Alt-Del keyboard macro and click Apply to reboot the server.
Press F11 during the boot process to enter the boot manager.
Click One-shoot UEFI Boot Menu:
Click Virtual Optical Drive.
Your server boots from the ISO file and you can complete the installation of your operating system.Note:
The boot process may take a while, depending on your Internet connections available upstream bandwidth.