Jump toUpdate content
How to use the KVM HP iLO
This page shows you how to use KVM on a Dedibox with HP iLO.
- Click Server > Server List in your Dedibox console. The list of your dedicated servers displays.
- Click the name of the server you want to access. The server’s status page displays.
- Click iLO in the menu on the right. A pop-up displays.
- Accept the terms for iLO access by clicking I Accept.
- Enter the authorized IPv4 address for the iLO connection. The IP address of your Internet connection is already pre-filled in the form. Then click Create to generate your credentials.
Currently only IPv4 addresses are accepted.
The connection URL and your credentials display. Click on the link to access the iLO interface.
- Open the connection URL of your iLO in your web browser, then log in using the credentials displayed during access creation.
- Click Integrated Remote Console.
Depending on the model of your dedicated server, iLO may propose either a HTML5 based KVM-over-IP interface or a Java based one. Make sure to have Java installed on your local computer if you want to use this version.
- Click the Disc icon > CD/DVD > *Local .iso file and select the local installation image of your operating system.
You can also use one of the ISO files available on our NAS by clicking Scripted Media URL.
- Click the menu icon > Power > Reset to reboot the machine.
- During reboot, press F11 to launch the boot menu.
- Press 1 to boot from the virtual CD/DVD drive.
The server boots into installation mode. Follow the wizard of your operating system to complete the installation.