Jump toUpdate content
How to use the Quanta Computer KVM
This page shows you how to use KVM on a Dedibox with Quanta Computer KVM.
- Click Server > Server List in your Dedibox console. The list of your dedicated servers displays.
- Click the name of the server you want to access. The server’s status page displays.
- Click KVM OVER IP in the menu on the right. A pop-up displays.
- Accept the terms for KVM access by clicking I Accept.
- Enter the authorized IPv4 address for the KVM connection. The IP address of your Internet connection is already pre-filled in the form. Then click Create to generate your credentials.
Currently only IPv4 addresses are accepted.
The connection URL and your credentials display. Click on the link to access the KVM interface.
- Open the connection URL of your KVM in your web browser, then log in using the credentials displayed during access creation.
- Click Remote Control > Console Redirection in the menu. Download and run the Java applet.
- Click Media > Virtual Media in the KVM window.
- Click Browse in the CD/DVD Media I section and select your operating system’s ISO file. Then click Connect CD/DVD:
- Reboot the server and press F11 to enter the boot menu once the Quanta Computer logo displays.
- Select the boot device AMI Virtual CDROM0 to boot from the ISO file:
The server boots into installation mode. Follow the wizard of your operating system to complete the installation.