Jump toUpdate content
How to use the Supermicro KVM
This page shows you how to use KVM on a Dedibox with HP KVM.
- Click Server > Server List in your Dedibox console. The list of your dedicated servers displays.
- Click the name of the server you want to access. The server’s status page displays.
- Click KVM OVER IP in the menu on the right. A pop-up displays.
- Accept the terms for KVM access by clicking I Accept.
- Enter the authorized IPv4 address for the KVM connection. The IP address of your Internet connection is already pre-filled in the form. Then click Create to generate your credentials.
Currently only IPv4 addresses are accepted.
The connection URL and your credentials display. Click on the link to access the KVM interface.
Open the connection URL of your KVM in your web browser, then log in using the credentials displayed during access creation.
Click Virtual Media > CD-ROM Image in the menu:
Enter the image file path of your OS image:Tip:
You can find the image file path for your OS on our NAS.
Don’t hesitate to contact our support team if your favourite OS is missing from the NAS.
Launch the Java remote console by clicking on the preview screen on the homepage of the KVM device.Tip:
A Java security warning may appear. Validate it to launch the KVM applet.
Reboot the server and press F11 to enter the boot menu:
Select the boot device ATEN Virtual CDROM to boot from the ISO file:
The server boots into installation mode. Follow the wizard of your operating system to complete the installation.
Microsoft Windows Server does not support the network adapter used in Supermicro servers by default. To have a network connection on custom Windows installations, you have to install them manually using the KVM-over-IP device.
- Create a Supermicro KVM sesssion.
- Open the connection URL of the KVM in your web browser, then log in using the credentials displayed during access creation.
- Download the driver package from the Supermicro FTP server on your local computer.
- Access the KVM-over-IP device by clicking Remote Console Preview.
- Click Virtual Media > Virtual Storage. A popup displays:
- Select ISO file, then choose the ISO image you have downloaded on your computer and click Plug in > OK.
- Double click on the CD-ROM drive in your Windows installation and launch the setup tool. Accept the terms and conditions and click Intel PRO Network Connections Drivers:
- Complete the installation of the network drivers using the setup wizard.
- Test the network connection of your Dedibox using the