Jump toUpdate content
All Public Cloud services are based on the “pay as you go” model, which means that you only pay for what you use. Your monthly invoice is calculated at the end of each month and based on your hourly resource usage during the month.
Some of our products are invoiced separately.
For example: The Stardust1-s indicated at €0,0025 excl/hour can be split up as follows:
- €0.00198/hour for the IP
- €0.0004/hour for the 10 GB of local storage
- €0.00012/hour for the instance
For more information, refer to our dedicated pricing page.
The final price of your Instance is calculated according to the characteristics of your resource. Each of these resources are billed separately for a minimum of 60 minutes.
Each uninterrupted period between a start and a stop billing event will be considered a unique resource. It is the number of these unique resources noted within a month that are displayed in the consumption table of your invoice.
Below is a detailed list of what is considered as start and stop billing events for each resource class:
|Resource type||Billing Starts||Billing Stops||Comments|
|Compute Instances||The moment you click the Power On button (when your Instance is already powered off).||The moment the Instance is Powered Off.||The Instance is not billed during its shutdown process. A hard reboot will keep the ongoing resource running.|
|Elastic Metal servers||The moment the server is created.||The moment the server is deleted.||When an Elastic Metal server is powered off, the physical machine remains allocated to the user’s account, meaning the resource continues to be billed.|
|Apple silicon M1||The moment the Mac mini is created.||The moment the Mac mini is deleted.||Due to license constraints, the minimum lease for Apple silicon-as-a-Service is 24 hours. As a result, a Mac mini M1 can only be deleted after a minimum allocation period of 24 hours. When a Mac mini M1 is powered off, the physical machine remains allocated to the user’s account, meaning the resource continues to be billed.|
|Flexible IP Address||The moment you reserve an IP.||The moment you cancel a reservation.||This class of IP is billed as long as you keep the reservation open. You will be billed whether you are effectively using the IP or not.|
|Dynamic IP Address||When a dynamic IP is associated with a running Compute Instance.||When a dynamic IP is detached from a running Compute Instance which has just been shutdown|
|Volume Storage||Once a volume has been created.||Once a volume has been deleted.|
|Snapshot Storage||Once a snapshot has been created.||Once a snapshot has been deleted.|
- The invoice number. This is a unique reference number for your invoice.
- The status of the invoice showing the billing period, the invoice’s issuing and due dates.
- The seller (Scaleway SAS) contact information and VAT number.
- The customer information, your postal address, e-mail address, organization ID, and in case of a business account your EU VAT number.
- The project table. This table contains the following information about your projects:
- The name of the different projects invoiced
- The number of resources consumed on the project
- The total amount of a project, based on the consumption during the accounting period
- The total amount of the invoice. This amount is calculated from the untaxed total of your invoice. For customers within the EU, the local VAT-rate is applied to the untaxed total, leading to the total due amount of the invoice.
- The consumption table. This table contains the following information about your resources:
- The project name and resources number
- The services and operations consumed in your project (i.e. Instances, Object Storage, Elastic Metal servers etc.)
- The consumption period of services and operations considered for the calculation of your total usage
- The total usage of a service or resource
- The calculated total price of a service or a resource, based on the consumption during the accounting period
Invoices are issued each month based on the resources’ consumption of the previous month. Our reference billing period is the definition of a calendar month in the Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time zone. The automatic payment of invoices occurs in the first few days of a month, once the invoice is issued and is processed by using the preferred payment method of your account.
Prices announced on our website exclude all taxes.
Because we are a European company, we are required to charge VAT on all orders made by European individual customers (B2C). The appropriate VAT rate is automatically applied to your invoice, depending on your fiscal residence. Just make sure your administrative details on your profile, postal address, recipient name, phone number, …) are in order. No other additional taxes, but European VAT is collected.
If you are not located in one of the 27 member states of the European Union, no other tax will be added to your invoice, per application of EU laws. European B2B customers are exempted from VAT, as long as they provide a registered VAT number. Just add your VAT registry number on your profile, and your invoice will be updated accordingly.
If you do not provide a valid VAT number, you will be considered as an individual customer (B2C), and the local rate will be applied.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, CB, UnionPay and American Express.
We automatically initiate one payment transaction from your preferred payment method at the start of each new month. Once an invoice is issued, you have 10 days to regularize it (see section 6.3 of our Terms of Service). As a reminder, the due date of payment is displayed on each invoice once issued.
In case the automatic payment failed, you will be notified by mail of payment failure and invited to initiate a new transaction from your account.
If after several manual attempts you cannot manage to trigger a successful transaction, you may add another credit card. Keep in mind to make this card the active card and re-initiate a payment transaction.
Failed SEPA payments can only be regularized by credit or debit card payment.
If you are unable to settle your invoice after the due date, your account is going to be suspended and your resources will be unreachable. You will then have another ten days to regularize your invoice, before your resources are deleted.
The billing contact is an additional contact linked to your account which will receive your monthly invoices. This can be useful if invoices in your organization are handled by another department. You can add a billing contact directly from the User Account section of your Scaleway console.
- Log into your Scaleway console.
- On the Organization drop-down menu, click Billing. The billing section displays.
- Enter the new billing contact e-mail address.
- Click Save.
The billing contact is only an administrative contact. It can not be used to connect to the Scaleway console.
To obtain a SEPA mandate:
Log into your Scaleway Console. You must be the owner or have Billing Administration rights.
On the Organization drop-down menu, click Billing. The billing section displays.
Make sure the Billing Information panel is filled with all the required information.
Scroll down on the same page until you get to the Payment Methods panel.
Click SEPA Direct Debit.
Click Add a SEPA Mandate. The SEPA Mandate pop-up displays.
FIll in the required information and click Add your payment method.
Once the banking information is added, you will see on this line an icon ” --- ” which will allow us to generate and download the mandate.