Jump toUpdate content
How to manage IAM policies
You can manage IAM policies in an Organization if you are the Owner of that Organization, or if you have sufficient permissions (via existing policies) to do so. Management actions including editing, attaching and detaching policies to/from groups and deleting groups from the Organization.
- Click Identity and Access Management (IAM) from the top-right of your Organization Dashboard in the Scaleway console. The Users tab of the Identity and Access Management dashboard displays.
- Click the Policies tab. A list of the Organization’s IAM policies displays.
- Click the name of the policy you want to manage. Alternatively, click «See more Icon» next to the policy, and select Overview. Either way, you are taken to the policy’s Overview page.
Follow the steps below depending on the management action you wish to take.
From the policy’s Overview page:
- Click directly on the policy name at the top of the page (instance-manager in the example above) to edit it, and click «Validate Icon» when finished.
- Click directly on the policy description in the Policy Information panel (data-project-group in the example above) to edit it, and click «Validate Icon» when finished.
- From the policy’s Overview page, scroll down to the Rules panel and click «Edit Icon» next to the rule you want to edit.
- Edit the rule as required, and click Validate to finish.
See our documentation about creating policies for more help with building rules.
Be aware that when deleting a policy, all permissions it gives to its principal (user, group or application) will be revoked.
- From the policy’s Overview page, scroll down to the Delete policy panel.
- Click Delete policy. A warning displays, asking you to confirm your action.
- Type DELETE to confirm, and click Delete to validate.