HomeManaged DatabasesPostgreSQL and MySQLHow to
Delete a Database
How to delete a PostgreSQL and MySQL Database Instance
Published on 11 May 2019
Security & Identity (IAM):
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- You have a PostgreSQL or MySQL Database Instance
- Click PostgreSQL and MySQL under Managed Databases on the side menu. A list of your Database Instances displays.
- Click the database name or «See more Icon» > More info to access the Database Instance information page.
- Scroll down the page to the Delete Database Instance section and click Delete Database Instance. A pop-up appears to inform that:
This will permanently destroy your Instance and all your data will be lost. This action is irreversible.
- Type DELETE to confirm and click Delete Database Instance.
Alternatively, you can delete your Instance from your Database Instances list by clicking «See more Icon» next to the Instance name and then Delete.