HomeManaged DatabasesRedis™How to
Configure advanced settings
How to configure advanced settings
Published on 22 June 2022
Advanced settings allow you to modify the default configuration of your Redis™ Database Instances.
Security & Identity (IAM):
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- You have a Redis™ Database Instance
Changing the advanced settings can have an impact on the performance of your Database Instance.
Click Redis™ under Managed Databases on the side menu. A list of your Database Instances displays.
Click the database name or «See more Icon» > More info to access the Database Instance information page.
Click the Advanced Settings tab.
To add advanced settings follow these steps:
- Click Add advanced settings.
- Select a parameter from the drop-down list. For Redis™ Database Instances, you can configure:
tcp-keepalive- the period used to send Acknowledgment flags (ACKs), specified in seconds
maxclients- the maximum number of clients that can be connected at the same time
maxmemory-policy- parameter that defines how Redis™ selects what data to remove when maximum memory is reached.
- Configure the value associated with your setting.
- Click «Validate Icon» to validate.
You can click Add parameters to add and configure other parameters.
To delete advanced settings:
- Click «Delete Icon» next to the setting you wish to delete.
- Click Delete advanced setting.