HomeManaged DatabasesRedis™How to
Manage allowed IPs
Jump toUpdate content
How to manage allowed IP addresses for Managed Database for Redis™
Published on 12 July 2019
Allowed IPs restrict the IPs allowed to access your Database Instance. The entry
0.0.0.0/0 enables any host to establish a connection.
Security & Identity (IAM):
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- You have a Redis™ Database Instance
How to add an IP address
- Click Redis™ under Managed Databases on the side menu. A list of your Database Instances displays.
- Click the database name or «See more Icon» > More info to access the Database Instance information page.
- Click Allowed IPs tab.
- Click Add IP. The IP can be a single IP or an IP block.
The IP must be specified in CIDR format, i.e.
198.51.100.135/32for a single IP or
198.51.100.0/24for an IP block.
- Enter a single IP address or a sub-network.
To restore initial settings and allow connections from all IPs, add the following IP block to the list:
When no IP is specified, your cluster cannot be reached by any host.
By default the Scaleway Console allows any host to connect to your Database Instance
How to delete an IP address
- Go to your allowed IP address list.
- Click «Delete Icon».
- Click Delete your IP.