How to use the MQTT WebClient
An MQTT WebClient is embedded in the Scaleway Console.
You can use it to connect to your Hub as a Device and publish and subscribe to topics on the Hub without having to set up a command line tool on your computer.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have created an IoT Hub
- You have added a device that allows insecure connections to your Hub.
- Open the WebClient by either:
- Clicking MQTT Webclient on the top right corner of the Device overview tab.
- Clicking the open-in-a-new-window button next to Default WebSocket Network on the Hub’s Networks list.
If you opened the WebClient from the Device overview tab, you will be automatically connected to the Hub with this Device. If you opened the Webclient from the Networks tab, you must set the
Usernamefield to a valid Device ID and click the connect button.
Once you connect to the Webclient, you can perfom different operations. In this how to, we indicate how to subscribe to a topic, publish a message, and verify the message was received.
2. Click Add a new subscription in the Subscriptions panel.
my/topic as the topic and click Subscribe.
my/topic under the Topic field, and
Hello World in the Message field in the Publish panel. Then, click Publish.
The message should appears in the Messages.
To learn more about MQTT, refer to An Introduction to the MQTT protocol blogpost.