How to add an external domain to DNS
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- Click Domains and DNS in the Network section of the Scaleway console side menu. The Domains and DNS dashboard displays with a list of your internal domains.
- Click the External Domains tab, then click «Plus Icon» Manage new domain.
- Enter the external domain name in the box and click the search icon to check if the domain exists. The estimated cost for the domain name displays.
- Click Manage as external. The instructions to set up your external domain display. Add a
TXTrecord to the root zone of the domain at your current registrar to validate the domain ownership.Copy the token displayed and create aNote:
TXTmeans text record. It is used to carry machine-readable data such as information for automated domain validation.
TXTrecord with the name
_scaleway-challengewithin your current DNS zone as instructed:Important:
The token’s presence will be checked regularly. If it has not been set within 48 hours, the external domain will be deleted from the service.
- Click Back to my external domains once you have set up the record in your current DNS zone. The list of your external domains displays. The status of any ongoing DNS challenges is visible through a blue dot on the left-side of the domain name:
Once the record has been validated, the dot turns green and you will receive an email with further instructions on how to update your domain’s DNS servers.
Update the name server information at your current registrar once your domain name is validated in order to link your existing domain name with your Scaleway Domains DNS zone.
Scaleway’s DNS servers are:
You can verify if the association of your domain has been successfully completed by checking the Name Servers list in the Domain Information page.
If the entire process is not completed after 14 days, the domains are deleted from the DNS and you will have to start over. Emails reminding you to complete the process are sent on days 7 and 13.