How to manage nameservers for an internal domain name
Scaleway Domains and DNS provides a managed DNS solution by providing default nameservers for each domain name. If you want to use your own DNS servers, you can edit the nameservers associated with your domain name.
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- You have a domain name registered with Scaleway Domains and DNS
- Click Domains and DNS in the Network section of the Scaleway Console side menu. The Domains and DNS dashboard displays.
- Click the domain name you want to configure.
- Click Edit in the Nameservers section of the domain overview page.
- Edit the nameserver information. For each nameserver of your domain you can provide:
We recommend you configure a minimum of two and a maximum of seven DNS servers for each domain name. To add additional servers, click Add name server and enter you server’s information.Tip:
- A fully qualified domain name (FQDN)
- An IPv6 address
- An IPv4 address
IP addresses are only required if you want to create glue records. A glue record provides the IP address of a name server so that DNS can resolve the domain name if the domain uses nameservers hosted under that same domain name.
- Click «Delete Icon» to remove a nameserver, then click Delete in the pop-up to confirm.
- Click «Validate Icon» to validate your configuration. To abandon the modifications click «Cancel Icon».