How to register an internal domain name
Domains and DNS allows you to manage and register your internal and external domains and configure and manage their DNS zones. Register and (auto-)renew your domains easily. Domains and DNS provide support for queries via both IPv4 and IPv6.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- You have entered your credit card information on your account.
- Click Domains and DNS in the Network section of the Scaleway console side menu. The Domains and DNS dashboard displays.
- Click «Plus Icon» and Register new domain.
- Enter the domain name you wish to register in the box.
- Click the search icon to verify the domain is available. A selection of available domain names displays.
- Check the domain names you want to register. Then click Select and configure contacts.
- Enter the contact details for your domain name then click Add new contact.
- Select your domain contact information from the drop-down list and click Validate and continue. Your order summary displays.
- Choose the registration period.
- Check the box to confirm you understand that you will be debited the price that displays.
- Click Register domain to confirm your order and to register the domain name.
- Make sure to check your domain name for any spelling mistakes before you place the order.
- You cannot change the domain name once the registration is complete and the fees will still apply. You can of course register another domain with the correctly spelled name.
- Internal domains are billed immediately upon registration.