How to create a Public Gateway
Public Gateways sit at the border of Private Networks and provide extra functionality. They provide features like SSH bastion, and services to deal with traffic entering and exiting the network (NAT). You can add a Public Gateway to each of your Private Networks.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
Click Public Gateways in the Network section of the side menu.
Click Create Public Gateway to launch the Public Gateway creation wizard:
Complete the following steps in the wizard:
- Choose an Availability Zone, which is the geographical location in which your Public Gateway will be created. Note that in order to attach a Public Gateway to a Private Network, the gateway must be in an Availability Zone within the Private Network’s region.
- Choose a Public Gateway Type, which impacts the pricing and bandwidth of your gateway.
- Choose an IP. You can choose to assign one of your existing flexible IPs to your Public Gateway. Otherwise, a new IP will be automatically assigned here.
- Choose a Name for your Public Gateway, and (optionally) a description and tags.
- Verify the Estimated Cost of your Public Gateway, based on the specifications you chose.
Click Create Public Gateway to finish.
Your Public Gateway is created and you are redirected to the Public Gateways dashboard, where your newly-created Public Gateway now displays.