Jump toUpdate content
How to create a Public Gateway
This page shows how to create a Public Gateway. Public Gateways sit at the border of private networks and provide extra functionality. They provide services to automate the allocation of private IP addresses (DHCP), and deal with traffic entering and exiting the network (NAT). You can add a Public Gateway to each of your private networks.
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway Console
Click Public Gateways in the VPC section of the side menu.
Click Create a new Public Gateway to launch the Public Gateway creation wizard:
Complete the following steps in the wizard:
- Choose an Availability Zone, which is the geographical location in which your Public Gateway will be created. Note that in order to attach a Public Gateway to a Private Network, they must be in the same Availability Zone.
- Choose a Public Gateway Type, which impacts the pricing and bandwidth of your gateway.
- Choose an IP. You can choose to assign one of your existing Flexible IPs to your Public Gateway. Otherwise, a new IP will be automatically assigned here.
- Choose Name for your Public Gateway, and (optionally) a description and tags.
- Verify the Estimated Cost of your Public Gateway, based on the specifications you chose.
Click Create a Public Gateway to finish.
Your Public Gateway is created and you are redirected to the Public Gateways dashboard, where your newly-created Public Gateway now displays.