How to activate and push traces
This page shows you how to activate traces from the Scaleway console, retrieve the traces push paths, configure the OpenTelemetry HTTP agent, and push traces.
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- Click Cockpit in the Observability section of the console side menu. The Cockpit overview page displays.
- Click the APIs and Tokens tab.
- Click the Activate traces button. A pop-up displays.
- Click Activate traces to confirm.
Scaleway provides the following push path for the OpenTelemetry agent:
The complete endpoint is
- Generate a token with Push permissions for traces.
Once you have created your token, your secret key displays only once. Make sure you copy and save it before you exit the page.
- Configure your applications to send traces to your preferred endpoint using your newly-created token for authentication.
- Create your Grafana credentials.
- Log in to your Grafana account.
- Create your Grafana dashboard and start monitoring your data.