How to deploy a container from Scaleway Container Registry
This page shows you how to deploy your first Serverless Container from Scaleway Container Registry. A container is a package of software that includes all dependencies: code, runtime, configuration, and system libraries so that it can run on any host system. This allows you to control your production environment. Scaleway provides custom Docker images that are entirely handled for you in the cloud. With Serverless Containers, you can rely on your favorite technologies such as Django or Ruby on Rails.
You can deploy a container from the Scaleway Container Registry or any other public container registry, such as Docker Hub, AWS Container registries, GitLab container registry, etc.
- Click Containers in the Serverless section of the side menu. The containers page displays.
- Click the relevant container’s namespace.
- Click Deploy container. The container creation wizard displays.
- Complete the following steps in the wizard:
- Select the Scaleway Container Registry.
- Choose an image from your Container Registry. Select the required Container Registry Namespace from the drop-down list, and then select the container and tag.
- Choose the Port your container is listening on. We recommend configuring your container to listen on the PORT environment variable.
- Choose a name for your container and, optionally, a description. The name must only contain alphanumeric characters and dashes.
- Choose the resources to be allocated to your container at runtime. These define the performance characteristics of your container.
- Set your scaling preferences, or leave them at default values. The Scaleway platform autoscales the number of available instances of your container to match the incoming load, depending on the settings you define here.
- Click Advanced options to define any environment variables you want to inject into your container. For each environment variable, click +Add new variable and enter the key/value pair.
- Add secrets for your container. Secrets are environment variables which are injected into your container, but the values are not retained or displayed by Scaleway after initial validation.
- Set a custom timeout for your container.
- Verify the estimated cost.
- Click Deploy container to finish.