HomeStorageBlock StorageHow to
Delete a volume
How to delete a Block Storage volume
Reviewed on 08 June 2023 • Published on 10 January 2020
Security & Identity (IAM):
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway Console
- You have created a Block Storage volume
The only way for you to delete a Block volume, is if it is detached from the Instance. Refer to our documenation to find out how to detach a Block volume from an Instance.
- Click Instances in the Compute section of the Scaleway Console side menu. A list of your Instances displays.
- Click the Volumes tab to view a list of your volumes.
- Click «See more Icon» next to the volume that you want to delete.
- Click Delete. A pop-up displays.
- Click Delete volume to remove the volume from your account.
All data on the volume will be removed when you delete it. Make sure you have a backup of your data before removing the volume.