How to detach a Block Storage volume
Published on 10 January 2020
You can detach a Block Storage volume from your Instance at any time. It is important to unmount (detach) the device from the operating system before detaching the Block Storage volume to avoid data loss.
Identity and Access Management (IAM):
- Click Instances in the Compute section of the Scaleway Console side menu. A list of your Instances displays.
- Click the Instance with the volume you want to detach. The Instance information page displays.
- Click Attached Volumes. A list of all volumes attached to the Instance displays.
- Click «See more Icon» next to the volume you want to detach and then on Detach. A pop-up displays.
- Click Detach this volume to confirm.