HomeStorageBlock StorageHow to
Detach a volume
How to detach a Block Storage volume
Reviewed on 01 December 2022 • Published on 10 January 2020
You can detach a Block Storage volume from your Instance at any time. It is important to unmount (detach) the device from the operating system before detaching the Block Storage volume to avoid data loss.
Security & Identity (IAM):
You may need certain IAM permissions to carry out some actions described on this page. This means:
- you are the Owner of the Scaleway Organization in which the actions will be carried out, or
- you are an IAM user of the Organization, with a policy granting you the necessary permission sets
- You have an account and are logged into the Scaleway console
- You have a Block Storage volume attached to a Scaleway Instance
- Click Instances in the Compute section of the Scaleway Console side menu. A list of your Instances displays.
- Click the Instance with the volume you want to detach. The Instance information page displays.
- Click Attached Volumes. A list of all volumes attached to the Instance displays.
- Click «See more Icon» next to the volume you want to detach and then on Detach. A pop-up displays.
- Click Detach volume to confirm.