Jump toUpdate content
How to manage lifecycle rules from the console
With the Scaleway Console, you can either transfer objects to
GLACIER class manually or automatically with lifecycle rules. These rules also allow users to set expiration dates for objects and object versions.
Click Object Storage in the Storage section of the side menu. The list of your buckets displays.
Click the name of your bucket.
Click Lifecycle Rules.
Click + Create Lifecycle Rule to add a rule.
Enter a name for the rule.
Filter the objects you want the rule to be applied to by one or both of the following criteria:
- Prefix: this criteria is based on the object name. The defined rule will be applied to all objects with the same name prefix.
- Tags: comprised of a key and a value associated with the Key. These tags should be defined prior to the rule creation, for either a bucket or an object. You can add one or more tags to your filter.
If you wish to change the storage class of two or more objects at a time, you can set up a transition rule that will automate the process.
Check the box if you wish to transfer the current version of the objects to
GLACIERa number of days after its creation.
Click - or + to adjust the timeframe, or type in the exact amount.Tip:
Expiration rules work in similar fashion, objects can be set to be permanently deleted after a given period of time.
Check the boxes or leave them empty for each case according to your preference. A summary of your rule preferences displays on the bottom of the Expiration Rules step page.
Check that all settings are correct and click Create Lifecycle Rule to confirm.
A list of the lifecycle rules displays.
- Click Object Storage in the Storage section of the side menu. A list of your buckets displays.
- Click the name of your bucket.
- Click the Lifecycle Rules tab. A list of your rules displays.
- Click «See more Icon» next to name of the rule.
- Click Disable.
A confirmation window pops up.
- Enter Disable Rule if you wish to pursue the action.
Once disabled, the lifecycle rule remains listed and can be enabled again. Click «See more Icon» > Activate to do so.
If you wish to permanently delete a rule, click «See more Icon» > Delete.